Friday, January 9, 2009

An update

Apparently there was an error on the previous ultrasound where the tech measured a blood vessel as being part of the placenta but it was actually one of my blood vessels. My new doctor had his own tech do the ultrasound and he watched and what they saw was a measurement of 3.3cm. The other clinic's measurement was 1.5cm so just having a different doctor do the ultrasound made all the difference.

A homebirth was put on the table for consideration, but I have an oogy gut feeling about it so I think I will opt for a vaginal hospital birth because if I'm afraid and worried about bleeding I probably wouldn't have a very good birth experience. Nothing matters more to me than the safety of my baby and I feel like the risk is a bit more than I want to take.

I really would love to have a homebirth but I would only do so if it was perfectly safe and I just don't think it is because the previa is so borderline on the edge of safe. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Thankfully the hospital I'll be birthing at is pretty cool and my doctor is really encouraging me to have a natural birth. It will be a strange experience for me, but even if I do end up needing a cesarean I'm okay with it because having a good chance at a normal birth is better than what I thought I was going to get.

I'm 35 weeks and 4 days now so really, the baby could come any time, but I hope he'll wait until the sun moves into Aquarius.

No comments: